This is obviously a great time of year to take stock and make some resolutions, and the good news is that a business resolution does not requite a treadmill!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Revise Your Website. I recently redid my website MrAllBiz, and it’s made a huge difference. When is the last time you refreshed your site? Is it stale? If so, our friends at Web.com help small businesses create great websites.
2. Get some buzz: Getting someone to do a story about your business is marketing gold. Creating buzz about your business really is a great goal for the new year.
3. Get to Know Your Customers Better: The more you know about your customers, the better you can serve them and the easier it will be to find more customers just like them. Things to discover:
• Why they buy from you and not someone else
• What they want and need from businesses like yours
• What they like and dislike about your business
Where do you learn this? Questionnaires, surveys, and by just chatting with them.
4. Grow! There are so many ways to do this: Figure out who your ideal customer is, buy a list with those demographics, and market to them. Attend a trade show. Form strategic alliances with like-minded companies. Open another location. Advertise more.
5. Have a Tech Audit: There are more tech tools out there designed to help you run and grow tour business than you know. Companies like Microsoft and others think about your needs a lot. It would really behoove you to check out what is out there are try some new tech tools on for size.